.

August 19, 2013

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn... Almost There!


It's almost here (August 27, 2013)! I'm really hyped for FFXIV: A Realm Reborn (2.0), an MMORPG set 5 years after the events of version 1.0. FFXIV 1.0 received mostly negative criticisms and hardcore supporters had a good time playing it despite the tremendous amount of flaws the game had.


I played the closed beta (Phase 3) and I got the PS3 version because I don't have an epic PC setup to play the game. I got sucked into the game at the very first cutscene! I posted my first beta impressions at the HCF blog. Even with downgraded visuals for the PS3, the game still looks wonderful. The gameplay is now more impressive with faster combat, FATE system and more. Another plus for me is the music, it's awesome, giving a more Final Fantasy-ish feel to it compared to FFXIII and FFXIII-2.

Now the open beta is in session for 3 days (August 17 to 20). It now features voice acting during the important cutscenes. The visuals and graphics improved a lot having more vibrant colors to the wilderness at least at my starting point, Ul'dah. More weather effects are added (Fog, Sandstorms etc.). Also more options are now available. So essentially this is almost the retail version.

FFXIV: ARR is a subscription based game, meaning you will have to pay depending on your subscription duration. Good news is there's no micro-transactions and Pay-2-Win disadvantage to all players... everyone is equal! The other good news, at least for those who don't want to use their credit cards, Square-Enix added prepaid game cards to the payment options... Huzzah!

So are you going to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn with me? If yes, I will be waiting at World Exodus (Exodus server). My character is female and based on my original character.

Cheers!

P.S.: Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD editions (PS3 and PSVita only) and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD remix is almost here too. JRPG marathon mode!

2 comments:

  1. Here is an explanation of the disciple of the land for better comprehension by newcomers. The Discipline of the Land actually includes the land along with all the resources in complete abundance. The land basically is all about the various different trees, plants growing on that land and the different types of fishes which are found in the water bodies that are present in that land. The rocks available in mines and caves are also included here. You can also segregate it further for incorporating various different roles and also different characteristics

    A Realm Reborn

    ReplyDelete

.