.

December 23, 2013

Hero Con 2013 Short Adventure


We 4 dudes randomly went at the Hero Con 2013 event at the mall that's very near our place. It's kinda rare to see this kind of event here and the entrance fee is very cheap, just 50Php (around 1 dollar). So yeah, I borrowed my cousin's phone (Galaxy S3) to take some pictures, because I didn't bring a DSLR camera.

We went at the last day of the event, that's why there are few people around which is good, I prefer less people over the nausea inducing jam packed crowd.

There are lots of toys and random knick knacks for sale, some toys are brand new, 2nd hand, and some are placed in bins for that random lucky toy digging... Wait... I forgot to take the picture of lots adventure time toys and DVDs! Nuuuu!

Ah! The He-Man action figures. This brings back memories.

The Gundam displays are lacking.
Below this display are the classic bots like Voltes V, Mazinger Z etc.

So many of them, but I don't collect these.
These are perfect gifts for any kid.
My personal reason to go to this convention is to check the Play Arts Kai displays to see the scales of each figure. These PAKs displays are here courtesy of the Play Arts Kai Philippines Trading Group (which I am a very inactive member). I purposely didn't bring my wallet so that I won't spend it for unnecessary toys and stuff.

These section is where larger PAKs are displayed
(I'm going to pick up that "pretty girl" at the very back and the "rugged man" and "cyborgs" in front next time)
These are the normal sized PAKs
(Joker, Batman, Leon, Elena and Rukia caught my attention)
The Man of Steel department
(I like them all except for Superman when it comes to appearance)
We saw lots of anime inspired clothing, some of them are for cosplays, I like the Scouting Legion (Attack on Titan) jacket. We didn't bother to buy these anime printed normal clothes because I can make them, lol :D

There is a cosplay competition too, the winners are the Huntress and War Machine cosplayers which is awesome. I didn't catch their names, heck I think the MCs didn't even mention their names.

Huntress, female cosplay winner
(she's cute ^^)

War Machine, male cosplay winner
(awesome armor, some of its parts lights up)
The other cosplayers we saw are Superman, Green Arrow and my favorite next to War Machine is Deadpool which is looks very unusually funny even with just sitting there holding an "I'm not Spiderman!" sign and doing nothing, I think that Starbucks frap that I drank gave me sugar rush. Everything looks funny... weird.

After seeing the cosplay we browse for toys a bit more. My friend bough a gift for his Godchild (I think...) and my other cousin bought a Lego-looking Marvel Super Hero.

These muscle-bound men and women is waiting for you to pick them up

Dig here to find that lucky toy that you're looking for... Is that M. Bison over there?
This post is short because we didn't stay there for long. After the event, we went home to eat burgers and play some Diablo III.

Christmas is drawing near... I need to act fast to get that two top PAKs that I want.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.