.

January 20, 2014

[Random] Play Doh Sculpting


I'm bored and can't sleep, and I remembered my first Sculpey figurine (a tiny and fragile Black Mage... RIP), so I got my hands on my sister's godchild's Play Doh clays. I mentioned last time that I wanted to make my own detailed figurines/action figures so now's the time to practice while I'm awake. I tried to sculpt two kinda complicated things and I must say, I didn't know that I have the skill even though it's kinda lame... but who cares, with more practice I can improve, right? :D


Man, the clay looks like crap, literally. It's a long and brown clay (mixed colors). I didn't know Play Doh clays smells kinda good.

Rydia? She looks more like Caius Ballad in this state
This is the first thing I made, a head sculpt of a character. It took me 2 hours to finish this. This is supposed to be Rydia from FFIV: The After Years. Yeah I know it looks veeeery crappy but I kinda got the basics of the facial features. Play Doh clays are hard to play with, because it's so soft that the sculpt gets distorted easily.

Frontside Mog
Next thing I made is the FFXIII-2 version of Mog. I made this without reference so it doesn't look as accurate as the original. Mog is very easy to make, because he doesn't have any details like clothing and hair, but I had a hard time making his wings though.

Backside Mog
Now that I have sculpting potential, I'm going buy a Sculpey/Fimo clay to make Mog first. After that I will test my painting skills... and I'm kinda nervous because I got shaky hands.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.