.

October 11, 2014

[Toy News] Variant Play Arts Kai Paloozaah!


Another bunch of high profile third party Play Arts Kai figures suddenly appeared! They are Variant PAKs that's been appearing a lot recently, evident that since Variant DC Universe, these line of VPAKs are well received because of their unique character designs of existing characters. My fat wallet is going thin very soon!

2014 PAK list updated
New list (Part 2) created

I mentioned this in one comment in PAKPTG recently. I said that since Marvel is acquired by Disney and Kingdom Hearts is 50% Disney (hinting SQEX and Disney's close relationship), and the sudden appearance of Variant Darth Vader, why not make Marvel PAKs? Well it happened, and we get to see one Marvel character VPAK prototype, Iron Man.

He looks like Cyborg Ninja. Still looks cool
That Iron Man Marvel VPAK looks awesome. Spiderman is also confirmed but he doesn't have a physical toy appearance, just a pic that shows this Spidey's awesomeness.

A DC character makes a VPAK appearance, Catwoman. Tetsuya Nomura designed this Catwoman just like he designed his "evil-looking and monstrous" version of Batman. It looks amazing but doesn't capture that Catwoman vibe, she looks more like an armored Keyblade wielder. I'll probably pick her up, I need one large scale Catwoman PAK and pretend this cat is a Keyblade master.

Selina Kyle as a Keyblade wielder?
Arkham Origins have another upcoming non-Variant PAK, Harley Quinn. Scale-wise and detail-wise, she looks much better than her last two Arkham series versions. I don't like her face though.

This is unexpected, a Variant PAK of Hatsune Miku. I never knew SQEX will one day make her, let alone one of my favorite character designers - Tetsuya Nomura - designed her. I'm not a fan but she's pretty interesting and her design remains close to her original appearance. I'll definitely pick her up because I want at least one Hatsune Miku toy (for her cuteness sake). I know she's got lots of figma (and other figurine) versions to choose from but I just collect PAKs for now, so I think this is my chance.

Pouty-lipped Hatsune Miku
Now SQEX, how about making a Super Sonico Play Arts Kai or would you prefer to make Black Rock Shooter? LOL. And please reveal and release more PAKs of your video game characters and not Variant types. Still hoping for a Warrior of Light based on Yoshitaka Amano's artwork.

Hey wallet, time to loose some weight!

Cheers and Happy Collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.