.

December 31, 2015

My Works from 2014 to 2015


It's almost 2016 so it's time to take a look back at stuff that I made for the year 2015... and 2014! Why I included 2014? It's because I didn't post an entry about my finished works in 2014. Reason is that the year 2014 is a slow year for me, same goes with this year. My creative slump starts to fade in the last few months of 2015. Now and without any further ado, let's check out my finished stuff!

~ 2014 ~

I only made my usual photo edits for my toy reviews in 2014. I didn't make any kind of artwork because I'm having a "creativity slump" and feel lazy making any artwork. Contributing to the slump is the lack of any compatible stylus for my graphics tablet.

TOY PHOTO EDITS
click on their names for their toy review

Ace
Of all of the Trading Arts Kai Mini figures that I have on my collection, only Ace from Final Fantasy Type-0 have a photo edit. This edit is inspired by the flames of war, a common sight in the FFType-0.

Lightning (Claire Farron)
This photo edit for Lightning is based on the ending cinematic of Lightning Returns FFXIII.

Leon S. Kennedy
This is the first time that I used and utilized a natural background for a photo edit. Yes, no separate background picture (or made a background) to put the character into. I'm surprised that the natural background and lighting looks very good in this photo. Oh yeah, I included Selphie, Reno and Kadaj as zombies in the background, I also added some smoke, shadows and anamorphic lens flare effects.

Sora
This photo of Sora is based on the KH3D trailers and gameplay videos that I watched. The background is based on the new parts of Traverse Town. Multiple background photos and effects are used in this edit.

Raiden
The very first time that I made a PhotoShop-only background for Raiden. The background is digitally (an manually) made by using a flat color, some shapes, default textures/brushes.

~ 2015 ~

I did more stuff this year but few photos make it in this blog, because most of my photos got deleted accidentally. I'm also have lots of out of town trips too so I don't have time to make some posts, except for toy reviews.

TOY PHOTO EDITS
click on their names for their toy review

Tifa Lockhart
Another multiple-photo edit. I used a real photo of a huge stained glass window from a church. The wall is just a common cinder block wall photo. I made the other effects like the steal beams, petals and grasses.

Cloud Strife
One of my favorite edits, besides Leon and Ace and Catwoman (Variant). I used a free stock photo of a construction site. I also used one of my building photos taken while I was skating. The dark cloudy weather and the blue flame limit break effects are made from scratch.

Barret Wallace
Like Leon's photo, I also used a natural background for Barret. The background is actually a sewing machine on a wooden table. I edited the colors of the sewing machine to make it look like a steel or industrial object. I copied and distorted a silhouette of Barret to make a shadow. Muzzle flash, bullet effects and ambient lighting are made manually. 

Serah Farron
This is a quick edit for Serah Farron, inspired by her crystalization in the game. I used some third party brushes on this one. Those tiny crystals and their textures are made from scratch. No, this action figure of Serah didn't come with an alternate face/head with her eyes closed, those are edited in PhotoShop.

Harley Quinn
This is inspired by Harley's psychosis mode. This photo is consistent to my Catwoman (B:AC) photo.

Catwoman
I like the color on this photo. Based on the dark streets of Gotham City and the "always night-time" theme of the comics, cartoons, and games. This Variant Catwoman is closest to her Batman: Beyond comics counterpart. Coincidentally that future Catwoman is also the third Catwoman like this variant version.

OTHER PHOTO EDIT

Yeah I kinda neglected making more real world photo edits this year.


What an explosive bail by a fellow kid skater. This photo edit is featured on the Skate Stills post.

If you're looking for my other photos, better check this blog post titled: This Year's Random Photos :)

TRADITIONAL ART SKETCHES
click on their captions for their blog post

These are the sketches that I made during my free time at work. Click their captions if you want to know the story or how I did the artwork.

Girl in my dream

Original Character: Cruore

DIGITAL ARTWORK
click on their captions for their blog post

Digital artworks by yours truly made possible by using just a  mouse and a lot of hand-aching practice. If you want to know more about these artworks, click their caption.

Original Character: Alluria

Original Character: Celestia


Original Character: Beatrix

Throwback Artwork
This wraps up this year (and 2014). I hope to draw more artworks and sketches. I also want to get back to making toy comics, but I still want to get past some important projects first.

Oh yeah! Get ready for new toy reviews (mostly Play Arts Kai) in 2016! I got some really nice reviews coming so please visit this page often. You can visit my deviantART page for my other works and for video game written reviews, check out HCF.

Cheers... and

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.