.

October 07, 2016

NYCC 2016 New Play Arts Kai Prototypes


It's time for another Comic Con! Few newly announced and displayed Play Arts Kai gray prototypes spotted at New York Comic Con 2016. SQEX also displayed a surprising figure!

Some of the displayed PAK figs in this event are already displayed at previous conventions and some are already released. I will not mention them here so I'll just put the links of my previous posts so that you can view them and know my impressions/opinions on the figures.


Photos from Toyark.com. For more NYCC 2016 Play Arts Kai photos, check the site out.

Alright, more DC related variant PAKs pops up and the first one I will mention is from the Batman Rogues Gallery Variant PAK series where they fuse Batman with Gotham's villains.

This Batman looks cool! No pun intended.
This is Mr. Freeze Batman, and he looks great. At first glance I knew it's Mr. Freeze and I looked at the display tag to confirm it. This Batman is not as bulky as the actual Mr. Freeze and I can't wait to see it painted. He comes with a Freeze Gun, Batarang and I think he got that cryo tank behind him, because the freeze gun have a hose attached to it. As for the hands, he got a trigger hand and probably a batarang grip hand.

Next is another Nomura-designed Variant PAK and it's the Joker. I thought this is just Skullface from MGSV:TPP. Now Nomura's Batman have someone to punch... Wait, now that the Nomura Joker is made, who's next, Nomura Harley Quinn? Woah..! make it happen Tetsuya Nomura/SQEX!

Tetsuya Nomura's take on the Joker.
He looks like Skullface with a Scarecrow twist, right?
This figure looks creepier than Nomura Batman with those huge mechanical arms and a weird selection of 6 alternative heads. One extra head looks like the Joker himself while the rest are just weird random heads. I think I will recognize some of these heads once they're painted.

And now for SQEX's new mystery surprise figure. It seems like SQEX is trying to solve the constant PAK price hike and they came up with a solution: SMALLER SCALE ACTION FIGURES! What... the... fu... I don't want to rant right now, I'll probably make a separate post for this (if I get enough info). So here's the first figure of the new product line.

New 6 inch Sora (KH3) action figure.
It's Sora Kingdom Hearts III version. I thought that this is just a weird optical illusion then I saw the display tag that says this is a 6 inch version of Sora. I think this little fig have the same accessories that its bigger counterpart have with the additional swappable face.

Well to be honest, the figure looks great, it's like a mini PAK figure. If SQEX is going to continue this line, then this is best suited for collectors with smaller budget, if they're cheaper that is. The downside of this is that they will alienate some long-time PAK collectors and PAK prices will keep on rising like oil... well, this is just a speculation.

So what do you guys think on these new figures? Leave a comment below.

Cheers and Happy Collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.