.

January 14, 2017

I Got a New Old Laptop to Use!


Finally, I got a laptop to use that's at least 3x more powerful than my almost a decade old laptop. This is good for my business, office work, minor graphic designing, photo editing and digital drawing. By the way, see the new menu bar? If you wanna know why the colors are off, well that's a little preview of what this blog will look like (the color scheme) in a few days. Now back to the topic!

This is Acer eMachines E728, my Italian uncle's old laptop, my aunt gave this to father. We used it as a family laptop.

Windows 10, a beautiful yet still buggy OS.
Its OS got messed up so I installed a new one, now it's usable again . At first, I felt overwhelmed when using Windows 10 because I've been using Windows XP and 7 for a long time. Now I've gotten used to it a bit and learned how to basic troubleshoot this OS.

The keys are in Italian.
There are other issues like few non-functioning keys like [Esc] and [Del]. This laptop is almost mine, but once I got its remaining issues fixed, my father will give it to me. Still, I'm happy that I can now edit images and draw stuff without any computer performance issues. If I can do a lot of stuff using a weaker computer with 1Ghz CPU and 512MB RAM, I can't imagine what I can do with a slightly more powerful computer, this is going to be fun. All that's left is a decent desktop PC for video editing and gaming.

My Acer Aspire 4315, the laptop that got made me got through college
with the help of my college friends.
I'm still going to use my old college laptop to play old games after bringing it to a technician to fix the optical drive and monitor. I will also upgrade the memory (and probably the CPUs if able) of the two laptops if I have some spare cash.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.